I fell in love with the Chardon skirt pattern the moment I saw it. It’s just so flattering and versatile. I had enough fabric left over from my Laurel dress to make a skirt, but not without a few modifications. I had to straighten the hem because of the border print anyway, but I also had to straighten the sides to get the pieces to fit on the fabric I had left. I’m happy with how it turned out, but I do think the unmodified pattern with more flare would have been much nicer.
The top is “self-drafted” (i.e. guess and adjust) with a shelf bra. I made it at the beginning of May (it’s actually the only item I made in May!) – I’ll get around to blogging about that one eventually!
I had some trouble with the instructions for putting on the belt loops. It didn’t say exactly how close to the top to put them. This was my first time doing belt loops, so I don’t know if that’s normal or not, but I decided to put them on last, after the facing, so I could see where they should be.
I did regular hem instead of the bias trim because for some reason bias trim seems really intimidating! I’m going to have to get over that block soon.
This is such a comfortable and wearable skirt! I will definitely be making more of these 🙂